Patent Technical Writer
Sherman IP LLP is seeking an experienced Patent Technical Writer to work with its legal team. We work with clients with cutting edge technology in the electronic and computing arts, among others. We are also looking for a strong cultural fit, as we value our team comradery.
As an integral member of our team, you will:
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, have exceptional attention to detail and a strong will to learn.
• Communicate and work with our attorneys in writing patent applications and the filing of patent prosecution matters.
• Draft patent applications with clarity and technical accuracy.
• Learn about a variety of new technologies, learn to identify inventive features, learn to describe the inventions, distinguish prior patents and publications, draft arguments, learn claim drafting and stay up-to-date with case law.
• Possess the ability to explain and describe new technologies in a way that is concise and descriptive.
• Bachelors and/or Master degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or closely related fields.
• Technical writing experience.
• Two years of patent or general intellectual property experience is preferred.
• Must be able to work independently.
Sherman IP is a full‐service Intellectual Property Law Firm located in Santa Monica and has been in business for 23 years. We are guided by our commitment to providing clients with economically effective, yet powerful solutions to their Intellectual Property needs. Our clients range from individuals to Fortune 500 companies.
We offer an excellent work environment, a comprehensive benefits package including health benefits, 401(k) and pension and a competitive salary commensurate with individual skills and experience.